I am a fan of humour and I enjoy clever, witty sayings.
And I am a firm believer in the words from Proverbs 17:22…
“A cheerful disposition is good for your health;
gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.” (The Message)
A friend who is currently going through difficult times, having realised that he can no longer properly care for his wife who is well into dementia, took the most difficult step of entrusting her to professional care. He has also taken it upon himself to lift the spirits of his friends by occasionally sending a few humorous gems.
So if you are drifting towards “doom and gloom leaving you bone tired”, consider the following series from a sign outside a petrol station in Seattle…
- Frog parking only, all others will be toad.
- Ants are healthy because they have little antibodies.
- Is there ever a day when mattresses are not on sale?
- What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
- I was addicted to the hokey pokey but I turned myself around.
- If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.
See, you’re smiling!